The Mecklenburg County Sales Tax Use referendum on this November’s ballot is an important vote for our community. A vote FOR the Mecklenburg County Sales Use Tax on November 4 is a vote FOR INVESTMENT in education, arts, libraries and jobs in our community that will benefit everyone.
Council for Children’s Rights has signed on to endorse this referendum and recommend it to our constituents.
The proposed quarter-penny increase does NOT apply to food, gas, or medicine.
The revenue (approximately $35 million per year) will be invested in Mecklenburg in four ways:
- 80% to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools to keep/recruit great teachers and staff
- 7.5% to Central Piedmont Community College to hire/retain best faculty/staff
- 7.5% to Arts & Science Council to strengthen arts, science, history programs/organizations
- 5% to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library to provide 21st century library services
Together, We Can Invest in Mecklenburg with one Vote on November 4
- Invest in Education, Arts, Libraries, and Jobs by VOTING FOR the Mecklenburg County sales tax use referendum on November 4.
- Keep and recruit great teachers, faculty and staff.
- Boost our vibrant arts and cultural programs and organizations.
- Open up access to knowledge and digital opportunities for everyone.
- Build economic competitiveness and support job creation.
Find and Vote FOR the Mecklenburg County Sales Tax Use referendum on page seven of the ballot on November 4.
More details on the referendum, how to support this effort and voter information are available at together4meck.com.